Certainly, one of the simplest ways to make a day much brighter is to award someone a random, genuine act of kindness. Simple smiles given in return may mean much more than mere appreciation or thankfulness. Most people are thirsty for thoughtfulness and kindheartedness, but to some, kindness and compassion is treasure, a beautiful panorama that is by only means audible to the heart.
What makes these simple deeds so pleasing, awe-inspiring and scenic? As no blood relation or tie of friendship bonds people who give to those given, random kindness proves real care and concern. Even personality and character are often disregarded when it comes to giving out; most of the time, what’s important is “I’ve helped someone today” *smiles*. This is so simple yet rather unexplainable. We, human beings, have something innate that makes us hungry for good values, morality and kindness.
That is, we are created in the image of God, good and righteous. God’s nature and character are flowing through our veins, in our whole beings. We are made and born to love, give, impart and share.
Indeed, God Himself is Love. He is kind to us just because He is; its not because of who we are or what we’ve done. Do you want to see kindness? Look at this.
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Surely, this is kindness. But this is more than mere kindness, again, this is wholehearted, unreserved love. God perceiving our impurities and sins, came down and took off His glory and draw closer to sinners as a man to bear our sins and transgressions and die on the cross.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility, value others above yourselves,not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3-4
Pray for the Philippines. We need your help. On behalf of the victims of Typhoon Yolanda here in the Philippines, Salamat po sa tulong! #Haiyan #YolandaPH
- A Little Bit Of Kindness Goes A Long, Long Way (arlene1956.wordpress.com)
- The Devastation of Super-typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda: Not An Act of God (jbusalla01.wordpress.com)
- Filipinos Cry Out to God to Spare Nation From Super Typhoon Yolanda (christiannews.net)
- Thank You, World! Salamat. (iknow25.wordpress.com)
- Tara Tulong Tayo! (donate for the Victims of Typhoon Yolanda) (sigawngkabataan.wordpress.com)
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] DONATIONS for the victims of SUPER TYPHOON ‘YOLANDA’ in the Philippines (infinitechinggyu.wordpress.com)
- Personal Reflection on Super Typhoon Yolanda and the Philippines (pilgrimjet.wordpress.com)
- 8 Inspiring Yolanda Stories (taketoonesheels.wordpress.com)